Fleas can be difficult to control without teamwork. We have prepared this checklist of things the customer needs to do to help the process be successful. We have found that when the customer follows these guidelines the treatments are more effective and control is achieved more quickly.
Please review this checklist and complete it in the order indicated. The property needs to be ready prior to our appointment time. If you are not going to be able to be prepared please contact the office prior to appointment time to discuss rescheduling when you will be able to be prepared.
Preparations prior to arrival:
1) Clear all carpeted floor (including closets) of boxes, clothing, toys, & any other items that will prevent treatment.
2) Wash (in hot water) or destroy all pet bedding materials. If bedding material is discarded into the trash, put in a trash bag and remove to exterior trash container as soon as possible.
3) Vacuum wood, tile, and vinyl flooring.
4) Vacuum all carpeting and rugs.
5) Vacuum pet sleeping and resting areas (under furniture, window sills, shelves, etc.)
6) Vacuum furniture, especially between and under cushions.
7) Empty vacuum cleaner contents into trash bag and remove to exterior trash container as soon as possible.
8) Remove pets from home (prior to application). Store or cover all food. Cover fish tanks.
9) Arrange to have pets treated the same day as the home. (This is very important!)
10) You and your pets will need to stay out of the treated area during treatment as well as two hours after.
After treatment is complete:1) Do not clean carpet or floors with detergents or cleaners for at least two weeks. (detergents will neutralize the chemicals)
* An exterior treatment may be necessary as well. Our technician can advise what best fits your needs.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 508-892-1967 if you have any questions or need further instructions.